Sunday, February 22, 2015

Graduation Celebration - February 13, 2015

The last week of school was our practical teaching week.  I had an Intermediate II level class, which means that most of the students can speak English quite well, with very few errors.  I had to teach them vocabulary from their reading of Mount Everest. I also had to teach them grammar during the week. It was a very hectic week, preparing for each class and then attending class myself.  But I made it to graduation!  I have my certificate and I'm ready to teach.  I'm just not sure where yet.

On Friday night, we had our TEFL Toast with food and drink, music and dancing. It was both fun and sad. I was happy celebrating our successful completion of the course with my classmates, but knew I would be leaving the following morning to make my way home. 

Cusco is a beautiful city, but it can also be a harsh one if you are not well prepared.  In hindsight, I think I could have been better prepared. Would I go back? You bet I would. There is so much there that I would love to explore more.

No comments:

Post a Comment