Friday, January 9, 2015

Ready, set, GO!

Well, my bags are packed and I'm all ready to get on the bus to head for the airport. I'm so exited I can hardly sit here. I've never been so ready for a trip. I used to take it all so casually...get up, throw some work clothes into my suitcase, along with the always ready cosmetic bag and run out the door to catch the plane. I traveled so much, my body often did not know which time zone it was in anymore.

This time, my trip keeps me in the same time zone, but moving from deep winter in New England to summer rainy season in Cusco.  The temps won't be to high there, it's remained in the 60s for the past few weeks, but gets colder at night.  I haven't traveled in a while, so I feel much more anxious and it took me 4 tries to get the weight of my bag under 50 lbs. Of course, it's much more difficult to pack for a 6-week trip than a 1-week or even 2-week one.

Not only that, but I'm anxious about oversleeping in the morning and missing my plane. I have to get up at 3 AM to get to the bus on time.  I'm going to try to get into bed early, but not sure how that will work out. It's really against my nature!  If I can make it to the plane, I'll be fine.  I have a 6 hour flight to Panama City and then another 4-1/2 hours to Lima.  I'm spending the night in Lima, so I'll be able to rest up there. I fly on Sunday to Cusco and that flight is only 1-1/2 hours.

So much is ahead. But I'm ready! I can't wait to add my own pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment